Sunday, September 30, 2007

A wedding, good food, and good friends


Yesterday we went to a wedding reception for Emily's sunbeam teacher's daughter. It was in the backyard of a family in our ward. It was a reasonably cool day (88 degrees!) and it was really beautiful. There was even a swing set so the kids had a blast! After the moms left for the Women's broadcast, the dads let the kids put their feet in the pool.
Our stake Relief Society put on a really nice program including a dinner and slide show of service performed by women in the stake. It was fun to visit with everyone while we ate and the speakers were so good. It was good to be uplifted by the spiritual messages that were given. Then a group of us went over to Chili's for dessert. I have made some really good friends here and these girls are lots of fun to be with. I have to mention that on Friday night I had Korean food for the first time and ate the whole meal with chopsticks! (I usually ask for a fork!) My visiting teaching companion is Korean and we took one of the girls we visit to a restaurant in Dallas. It was tasty. The bagogi was my favorite. The server cooked all the meat right at our table. Thanks to my sweet husband for taking care of everyone so I could get out this weekend! He is the best!



2 comments:

re said...

James is a loser! Sounds like a great weekend. Bec just turned me on to your blog address. Chat soon.


re

Lauren said...

I love the pictures! And, I love your blog. I'm glad to have finally seen it! Thank you for being such an awesome friend!