Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Kindergarten days


Curren started kindergarten a couple of weeks ago and is loving it! I was so sad on his first day, but he was excited. I still miss him until he comes home at 11! I am blown away by how much he is learning. Mrs. Thornton, his teacher is really good. I love to hear all the new songs she has taught him about the months of the year, cleaning up, etc. In just this short amount of time his handwriting has gotten so much neater, too. During the week we are on a strict nighttime routine so that we can make sure that Curren gets plenty of sleep. He now wants me to tuck him in and the number of kisses and hugs that he wants before I go has tripled! He always says sweet things like, "It makes my heart feel good when I see you because you're so sweet and pretty." Then he will kiss both of my cheeks and forehead. It's nice to be loved by a little boy that I miss having around all day. Right now Curren is way into Star Wars. He borrowed a friend's Annikin (I have no idea if I spelled that correctly) costume for Halloween. He spends hours building space ships with Legos and talks endlessly about droids, clones, Yoda, and storm troopers!

2 comments:

Chrispy Critter said...

I live with Quigon Gin! Cooper is obsessed with "Dar Wars". I am queen Mommy-dalla. Your kids are beautiful and James is a great photographer. Matt is looking into the University of Texas. We might be joining you but who knows.
Love ya!
Chris

Tia said...

Oh thats funny about Curren especially what he says at night! That made me laugh!