Friday, September 21, 2007

Doctor appt, apples, Target, RS potluck

Not only is it Friday, but what a good day it's been so far! It didn't start off so great. I had a check up with my ob-gyn at 8:45am but had to wait 55 minutes to see him. He didn't have rounds and I thought for sure that I would have the first or second appointment of the day. (Ok, if I sound annoyed, I was--I had two kids with me!) We had a quick ultrasound (He does one at each visit. Cool, huh?) and then I was out of there. When I left I asked what time the girl who went in ahead of me had her appointment, the nurse said "9am". Huh. She didn't have an emergency. The walls at that office are paper thin. She was pregnant. No explanation from the nurse on why I was seen after her, even though I should have been first and was there with my kids! Then as I make my appointment for two weeks I am begging the lady to give me the very first appt of the day and she is acting so irritated. Seriously. I was so bugged by the office staff. But, I am 31 weeks now and the end is near, so I won't have to deal with them for too much longer.
Next we went to Central Market to pick up some things totalling $35 to get a free food thermometer. As soon as we walk in I see a display for Honey Crisp apples. A friend had just told me how awesome these apples are, so I had to try them. Wow. They are pretty amazing. They are everything you could hope for in an apple. Crisp, sweet, and full of really good flavor. Too bad they are $3.69/lb!! I also got my favorite chocolate milk--in a glass bottle--Promised Land Midnight Chocolate. Sooo yummy!
After that we picked up Curren and headed over to Target to get Hunter new shoes. His little toes are hanging off his sandals. Well, even though it is still in the 90's here, there are no sandals to be found at the Target in North Richland Hills! So, he got some sweet little navy blue velcro skater shoes. He loves shoes! Curren brought his own money and got himself a light saber and Emily decided to save her money to spend when the American Girl store opens in Dallas, so she brought in just $1 and got herself some Tic-Tacs.
The highlight of the day was the Relief Society potluck. Oh my, there were some really tasty things! The best was Sister Honeycutt's pesto pasta salad. It had pine nuts, tomatoes, green onions, and wow, it was delicious. Hummm...sounds like I'm hungry! I had better go and figure out what to feed my family for dinner! Hooray...it's Friday!

0 comments: