This morning I took Emily and Hunter to their well-child appointments with the pediatrician. Since Emily is four, I knew she was going to have several immunizations so that she would be all set to go for kindergarten and I was fairly sure that Hunter would have shots, since it seems like babies get them all the time! We watched the fish in the waiting room for almost 40 minutes before we got called back. I was watching the clock so I wouldn't be late for kindergarten pick-up. The nurses did all the weighing and measuring and then we sat in the exam room for a short time before the doctor came. I would never wait so long for a doctor, but I really like our pediatrician, so he's worth the wait. I had made a brief list of questions/things I wanted to discuss and everything went great...until I finally told Emily about the shots. She flipped out! She was kicking and screaming on the floor and was completely hysterical. Hunter came running over for a spot on my lap with blankie before Emily could claim the spot. He felt bad for her and was giving her hugs. It was kind of funny that he was trying to make her feel better about getting shots when he himself had to have a couple! But, he had no idea what was in store, so he just felt bad for poor Emily. I guess it takes a long time to get 8 immunizations together, because the nurse took forever! So, I called my neighbor and she picked up the boys even though it was my turn. (Oh, we have the best neighbors!) The nurse finally arrived, administered the shots, we picked out prizes, and I was out of there with one baby in my belly on two more on my hips!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment