Monday, March 10, 2008

Eyes and Legs

You know, our family is very healthy, but lately we have been to medical offices fairly frequently! First thing this morning we (the four of us that don't have work/school to go to) went to the doctor for me to have an ultrasound (No! I'm not pregnant!!) on my leg. I had laser surgery on my legs for varicose veins. That may sound like a vain (no pun intended) thing to have done, but it is actually covered 100% by our insurance because it is a big medical problem. I'm great now and I won't have the nasty blue bulgy things on the backs of my legs. They were so awful and painful. Boy do I sound like an old lady or what?

Then this afternoon baby Porter had his tear duct cleared. That was so hard for me to put him through. It wasn't absolutely necessary, but for his whole (short, I know) life he has had a majorly green and goopy eye. Lately I have had to pry his eye open when he wakes up so I decided it was time to have the procedure done. James and our home teacher gave him a blessing last night and the kids said many prayers for him. Of course, James and I did, too! The doctor was great and the whole thing was quick, but I didn't stay in the room for it. I gave him a big kiss and gave him to the nurse. The doctor said he would take good care of him. So, I did a slow lap around the office and then they were done. But as I walked I could hear him screaming and it broke my heart and I just wanted it to stop! It was a success and we should know if the duct will stay clear in a couple of weeks. So, please keep Porter in your prayers for us.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Poor sweet Porter. I'll keep the sweet little guy in my prayers. Let me know if you need anything!

Xela said...

I didn't realize he was having that done already. Elena had mentioned that porter was going to have surgery but I didn't know when. I am glad that it went well. It is so hard to do things like that, that don't have to be done. I know he will be much happier now that it is done. Poor little guy. Let's get the kids together next week for spring break! :) Elena had so much fun with Emily last week.

Nathan said...

Glad to hear that everything went well for both of you. Porter looked great on Sunday. (Sorry I was too busy to get a good look at your legs! - KIDDING!)