Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day Out With Thomas




Celebrating Hunter's birthday, we spent Saturday afternoon at the Cotton Belt railway station in Grapevine, Texas because that's where Thomas the Tank Engine was! Yippee! Hunter was thrilled to see the little blue engine and take a ride on him. It brought back memories of taking Curren to ride Thomas in Heber, Utah when he was younger. The kids got to play in a jump house, watch model trains, color pictures, get tattoos, and of course, play with the all the toy trains. Hunter was in heaven and was surrounded by hundreds of other little boys who love trains just like him. While we were on the train, he was so serious! We rode out to the airport and back and I pointed out the planes and he just nodded, when he usually points them out himself. So funny. He was so upset to leave so we got him a battery powered Thomas which made it much easier to walk to the car!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

He's so cute!! Happy Birthday, Hunter!

Chrispy Critter said...

Cooper asked me if we could get rid of all his trains. I almost cried! How are your long luscious legs?

Xela said...

Happy Birthday Hunter! What a great idea taking him on the train! I have heard about it, it looks like a lot of fun. Great idea for when Zachary turns 2 next year! :)

Lauren said...

What cute pictures! I bet he was so excited! What a great thing to do for his birthday! I hope he had a great one! I just love that sweet boy!

LaShelle said...

Hi Lori,
I love the blog! I am going to start one of my own! I hope I can figure it out. Tell Hunter happy Birthday, you know Randi just turned 16! Scary!
Love you guys!
LaShelle

Bethany said...

you guys do all sorts of fun things. maybe we need to move to texas so we can have some fun! your kids are so grown up and beautiful.

-bethany