Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dallas Arboretum




Every spring the arboretum is filled with the most amazing displays of tulips and other bulbs in bloom. It is absolutely beautiful! This is the second trip we have made to take pictures of the kids in their Easter outfits and enjoy being in the gardens. This year's theme was the Star of Texas, so there were cowboy hats for the kids to make and decorate as well as a root beer saloon. At the end of the day we hung out with friends on a patio with comfy outdoor furniture while we had root beer floats and the kids ran around. I LOVE the Dallas Arboretum! There are cute cottages, a little town of western playhouses that the kids love to play in, as well as "spitting" frog sculptures to run through when it's hot. It was such a fun day. Things were going so well that we decided, with great hesitation, to have dinner at Pappasito's. (James had recently pledged not to go out to eat as a family until Porter was 16!) Since our friends were going, we decided to give it a try. So it was 6 kids and 4 parents and EVERYONE was so good! Seriously, it was probably the only time all of our children have been good at a restaurant. They gave the kids a roll of tortilla dough to play with and Hunter made his into a snake. He had so much fun making "snake" eat his food and drink his chocolate milk. We had a great time and the fajitas were awesome! Texas has so many great places to eat, and Pappasito's is one of our favorites. By the way, I think this was the best picture we got of all the kids together. It will probably be several years before we have a picture suitable for enlarging and framing!

3 comments:

Xela said...

Looks like a fun day. I am want to go there tomorrow after Jeff's brother comes into town and ooh yes, yummy Papasitos! :)

Chrispy Critter said...

Sorry, I have been a slacker! I am glad to hear you are the meanest mom in Texas! I am the meanest in the whole world so you have a little competition. Congrats on your vein surgery. I had mine done 2 years ago and wouldn't you know they are coming back! Good luck. Your kids are darling. I wish we were moving to Texas.

Lauren said...

Adorable pictures! (Well, of course they are...your kids are adorable!) I want to go there and check it out! It looks like fun! The flowers are gorgeous!