I love that Curren is only at school for 3 hours everyday! Thank goodness for half-day kindergarten. Sometimes we have funny conversations over peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Today he was asking if James and I had Heelys when we were little. I said no, but that we had roller skates. Here is the rest of the conversation:
Curren: Did you and Daddy play together when you were growing up?
Me: No, Dad lived in Los Angeles and I lived in San Diego. We didn't live close to each other.
Emily: Did you miss him?
Me: No, we didn't meet each other until we were in college.
Curren: Why did he pick you?
Me: I don't know. Why don't you ask him?
Curren: Was it because he wanted the meanest mom in Texas? (That's what I always say I am when my kids don't get their way!)
Emily: No. I know why. It's because she was the prettiest one!
That's my girl!!
Friday, February 29, 2008
The Meanest Mom in Texas
Posted by Lori Ellsworth at 12:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh I love it! That is just too cute! Those PB & J convo's are always the best! :)
I can just picture all of you sitting around your table, talking about things...it makes me smile.
And I still remember Emily saying "My Mom's 'gowgeous'!"
That is so awesome! I am glad to know that Mary is the meanest mom in Texas because Mary has been told numerous times that she is the meanest mom in Utah.
Good to know that all kids are the same.
I guess Curren's question about the Healey's means that you both now have permission to go out and get some. I still beg Mary every time I see them. In fact, after watching the video of Curren, we are now deciding if Lexi could do it. Tess could for sure, so maybe we'll get some for her.
Lori, it was great to find your blog. I can't believe you have four kids now. Wow! I hope things are going good in Texas.
That conversation is so cute and funny. I'm glad you wrote that down. Your kids will love to read that later.
Post a Comment