I was watching an Oprah show that I had recorded and they were doing make overs for a group of moms who were always wearing sweats, running shoes, and big baggy t-shirts. The new clothes were all from stores like Old Navy, JC Penney, etc. The women looked so good! James comes in when Oprah describes what a "shlumpadinka" is and looks at me in my good old grey sweats and long sleeve t-shirt and nods his head. So, the next chance I get I'm off to Target to see if I can find some cuter things to wear. (I still have a new mommy body so I don't want to spend too much). So, at church the next day I wore a new skirt and top with a pair of shoes that were also new and the whole outfit cost around $60! Wow! And I felt soooo much better about myself. It takes a little more work to look and feel good when you're 34 I guess. I hope that doesn't sound vain, because I don't mean it that way. But, this is MY blog and I can type whatever I want to, right?
My mom left yesterday. She was so sick for almost the whole week. I feel bad that we didn't get to have much fun. It was good to see her though. (PS, she took home a bag of girl clothes just for you, Rebecca!!) Since she was in bed for several days I gave her the Twilight series to read. She is now hooked, too.
That's the update. I'm off to sort laundry and clean up before we go get Curren!
My mom left yesterday. She was so sick for almost the whole week. I feel bad that we didn't get to have much fun. It was good to see her though. (PS, she took home a bag of girl clothes just for you, Rebecca!!) Since she was in bed for several days I gave her the Twilight series to read. She is now hooked, too.
That's the update. I'm off to sort laundry and clean up before we go get Curren!

5 comments:
Hey ther James and Lori!! I love you blog spot! Love it so much I made one of my own, it needs work though! I think Matt and Russ also have one? How are you guys? Yours kids are just adorbale!! Love Porter!!! Too cute!!! Congrats on your new addition!! Going to go for # 5 anytime soon?
yeah, we love emily's hand me downs:) You guys look great. Good idea to take a picture of you as a couple. I don't when the last time was that we took a pic just the two of us looking like we're in love:)
Do you know what the best antidote to shlumpadinkaticity is? Old VW buses. No one ever is considered shlumpadinka while driving around in a sweet (maybe rusty) 13 Window 60's VW bus.
Just keep that in mind.
Denise, how are you?? We miss going out to CA and seeing all of you at your parents'. Email us your blog address! (We love our kids, but we won't be having another one!!)
Nate, you know what? You may be right. (I know James put you up to that!) I wouldn't even ride in my high school boyfriend's bus because it didn't have seatbelts and it felt like you'd go flying out the window every time it stopped!
Post a Comment