Monday, October 8, 2007

Austin
















Since we were down in Austin for the race, we decided to stay another night and see the city and then head over to San Antonio. In Austin, we took the kids to the Texas state capitol building. It was fun taking pictures all over the place. We haven't done any sight seeing for a long time. It reminded us of when we lived on the east coast and visited all sorts of cities. Then we met up with the Wright's. We walked down Congress Ave. to a bridge where we would see millions of bats fly that night. But, before that we found an Amy's Ice Cream. They have the best ice cream. I think I've mentioned that Blue Bell has an awesome vanilla, but I think I like Amy's Mexican Vanilla even more. It's super creamy with a hint of almond flavor. Curren ordered the Darth Chocolate (of course) with Kit-Kats mixed in, like Cold Stone. It was a tasty treat!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

We had such a great time hanging out with y'all! Thanks! :)

Lori Ellsworth said...

So did we!