
Oh my, we had the best time on Saturday, with our friends. I had texted Chris to see if she wanted to go to the zoo with us. We headed out and almost immediately hit traffic! I was thinking that our fun day was going to be ruined! But, we got through it with only a little bit of crying. Then once we got off the freeway Chris calls me and says that the zoo parking lot is packed. Yikes! The Ft. Worth Zoo is awesome, but not when it's crowded, so we decided to check out the miniature train ride which is right outside the zoo. That's when the fun started!The train ride was just $2.50-3, and it took us over two bridges where we saw lots of turtles swimming in the Trinity River. So cute! I think the ride is at least 2 miles long. We got to the depot and got out to eat our picnic lunch at a big shady park. So fun! After playing for awhile, we walked back to the train depot (with lots of tired, cranky kids and no strollers!). It was quite the walk, and since several of mine were crying, Abby and Chris were great to hold my baby, along with their own! (Thanks so much!!) Then on the way back, we bought Sprite and popcorn for only $1 each! I didn't think anything was that cheap anymore. So we munched on popcorn on our ride back to the cars. Such a fun day!

2 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! We haven't done that train yet. Looks like a blast! Sorry the zoo was so crowded though! I know what you mean about that...last year, my sister and I made the mistake of going during spring break, on "half-price Wednesday" no less. Yikes! Lesson learned.
sounds like a perfect day! it's so funny that the outdoors become the place to be in Texas when it's colder here.
Post a Comment