Thursday, September 18, 2008

I called 911

Yesterday we were outside playing in our circle with all the neighbor kids when I heard a crash. One of our neighbors accidentally hit a guy riding his bike on the back road right outside our neighborhood. A kid who was in the truck ran out and told me to call 911, so I ran in the house with Porter on my hip and called. I told her my location and then she asked me what the injuries were. I didn't know and then she said the police were on their way. 5 minutes later several police cars came as well as and ambulance and fire truck. The man was obviously in shock, but he looked like he was going to be ok. The guy who hit him felt just terrible. I've never called 911 myself, but I am amazed at how fast the response was! After the scene was cleared a police officer let the kids take a peek in his car. Very nice guy...now Curren is obsessed with building Lego police stuff.

1 comments:

Leslie said...

crazy!! and so funny about curren now wanting to build lego police cars. i love the way kids' minds work. :)