Last Sunday the kids were running around playing before church and there was an accident. I was upstairs putting Porter down for a nap and I heard one of those "I am hurt really bad" cries. I couldn't tell whose cry it was. Emily screamed that Curren had blood all over him, so I ran down the stairs! He had hit his head on a corner of the wall. There was blood in his hair, but not a ton. So, I began to search through his thick, blond mop to find the cut. It was gaping, so I thought it might need stitches, so I called our friend, who is a doctor. He came right over and sure enough, it needed to be stitched closed. Instead of having to take everyone over to a friend's to play while I took Curren to urgent care, Leslie went to his office to get everything he needed to stitch it here! He is such a good guy. I just couldn't thank him enough!! I was nervous about him screaming when it was numbed, but Leslie is an amazing doctor. Curren didn't scream or cry at all during the whole procedure. Miracle. A little while later it was like nothing had happened at all!
We have been so blessed to have great friends here in Texas. They have been so supportive of us during this crazy time in our lives. We so appreciate the thoughts, prayers, and acts of service on our behalf. Thank you!!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Stitches
Posted by Lori Ellsworth at 8:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
that is so great he could do that right there for you. nothing worse than sitting in an er waiting room on top of what's already happened. glad he's ok!
Post a Comment