I was talking to my sister-in-law, Rebecca today for a long time. She was telling me about how a good friend of hers had recently lost her 14 month old daughter, and how she was coping with that. I just cannot imagine what horrible pain that mother must feel. I guess she wants to stay home most of the time and she says it's because that is where the baby was so much of her life. When Rebecca said that I just started crying. Whenever I walk into Porter's room, it just smells all baby. I wish it would last. I even love the way his clothes smell when I take them off him (unless he spit up on them). It's too bad that babies grow up so fast. Hunter is just two and he hasn't smelled like a baby for a long time. Emily smells good because she loves smelly good lotion and Curren smells like a dirty dog (in a cute little boy way) when he comes in from playing.
It's always good to talk to Rebecca. She is such a good mom and I am always inspired to do better when I'm with her.
Friday, August 15, 2008
Mothers and babies
Posted by Lori Ellsworth at 8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you. What a treat to be mentioned my name in your blog:) Your sincere appreciation of the simple things always makes me reflect on my perspective. It's a refreshing treat to talk with you - especially when it's a lengthy conversation. I wish I knew how you did it all and so well. p.s. i cannot believe Curren had to get stitches!
I can't wait to see you...Thanksgiving, hopefully! We have missed all of you so much.
Post a Comment