While my mom was here, I got a new labeler (my old one died) and went to town. James helped me take everything out of the kitchen cabinets and then put it back neatly and then I labeled where everything goes. I love the way it looks. (This was done a lot like 5S, Mary!) This lead to cleaning out closets, so I decided back in February to have a garage sale. So, I started stacking stuff in our master bedroom that I wanted to sell. This included all of Emily's baby clothes, since we are done having babies. I had my garage sale a couple of weeks ago and made over $300!! I was so excited! My goal was $100. It was a cold, damp morning so the kids sold hot cocoa and Rice Krispie treats, as well as bottled water. James couldn't believe I was so successful. So, I just need to take the left overs to the Goodwill. There isn't much left, because at the very end, a lady came up and said "I'll take all the girl clothes you have left for $10." I thought for a minute and said, "How about $12?" Deal. It felt good to get rid of stuff and make some money.
Now, how am I going to spend it? Well, the original plan was to buy another full size bed, but then I decided that we should use at least some of it for food storage. Emily and I are going to have a girls' night out tonight, and then I'll save the rest.
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Spring Cleaning
Posted by Lori Ellsworth at 12:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
wow! that is impressive, i have always wanted to do something like that but then haven't cuz, well, it's alot of work! i'll have to have you come over with your lablemaker!
I just think that is so awesome! Way to go on your garage sale! I saw how hoppin' your house was when we went to Julia's soccer game! :) Nice!
i wish i was in texas so i could buy all of your cute baby girl clothes! the labeler is a great idea. so organized.
-bethany
I have never had a labeler and I want one from looking at your gorgeous pics.
Ginny, you would love a labeler. Mine was $20 at Wal-Mart. It can with two refills, and then I think they are 2 for $12 for more.
Bethany, I wish you were here, too. I would have just given them to you!
Post a Comment