Thursday, April 17, 2008

Red Hots

A gal in our ward was putting together an indoor soccer team and I told her that I would think about doing it, since I am trying to shed baby weight. I decided to do it, and it has been tons of fun and a great workout, too. There are about 12 of us and we range in age from about 24-40 years. These ladies are so tough and so are the teams we play. We lost our first game, but last night we won 8-0 and I even scored! It was so fun! We're the Red Hots and last night as I was putting on my shin guards and getting ready to go (we play at 9pm, after the kids are in bed), Curren (who was sleeping in our bed until Hunter settled down) saw me with my red shirt on and said, "YOU play soccer?" He was so impressed. He was asking me all about it and this morning he gave me high fives for scoring. I guess he has a new respect for me now that he thinks I am an athlete.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on winning! I am so jealous that you get to play. Thanks for the blog. We love to know how you are doing. James - thanks for the backpack info. We are ready to become hiking fiends.

Lauren said...

Don't let her fool you folks! She "even scored" FOUR goals! It was awesome! It really is a lot of fun! Go Red Hots! Woo-hoo! :)