

This weekend was General Conference so we were able to watch "church on tv". I look forward to it each April and October. As always, there were wonderful talks and beautiful music from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Sunday morning we printed out packets for the kids to work on while we watched (Thanks, Heidi!). They did church word searches, colored the ties on the apostles, etc. Then, between sessions we had lunch with friends. Lots of good food! The kids had lots of fun with their friends in the big backyard. This family also has an awsome playhouse that Emily and Curren love to play in whenever we are over there. We ended up staying over to watch the second session with everyone. It was a warm, sunny day so we watched on the tv on the patio with surround sound. What a way to watch conference!
My favorite talk was by Elder M. Russell Ballard. He spoke about motherhood. I just loved his message. I also love the good feeling that comes into our home when we watch conference and are able to hear the prophet speak. I just love to listen to President Monson speak. He has so much knowledge, wisdom, and experience to share.

3 comments:
I loved that talk to. I have tried to be nice all day long. Good thing we are half way through the day!
Can't you just picture him sitting there with finger puppets on both hands, coloring books out, and Cheerios all over the place?!
I loved that talk too...and that we were all saying, "Are you listening?" to our husbands. :) It was a beautiful day to go with the beautiful messages.
Post a Comment