Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Technology

Ok, I finally created playlist on my iPod, after over a year of using it! Lauren was over and showed me how! Technology is great and it's even better when you figure out how to use all the great features. Next I may try to send a text message. My friends are always texting their babysitters to see if they can watch their kids and then when they're out they can text the sitter and find out how things are going without making a call! I need to get with the times, for sure.

We haven't watched American Idol yet, but we set the DVR (another great technological advance) to record it. We almost never watch live tv anymore. Speaking of tv, we still have the old fashioned kind. It's not a flat screen, LCD, or plasma. I'm sure the girls we have over to watch our kids must think we are so old (or too cheap, or poor!) to not have an up to date tv. I always have to bring out three remote controls to show them how the thing works and even then it's just best if you actually walk over to the thing and push the power button to avoid getting an annoying TV Guide box that won't disappear for at least 5 minutes!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Don't you just love technology! It really is a great convenience in so many ways, but MAN! does it ever change quickly. Just as soon as you buy "the latest/greatest" whatever it might be, there's something new and better that seems to immediately follow. I guess that's a good thing though. :)

Xela said...

I never thought of texting my babysitters, I love that idea. I am going to mention that to Alexis the next chance I get!

Chrispy Critter said...

Your TV sounds like ours! My favorite technology is my Cocomotion machine (for hot chocolate). We all know how hard hot chocolate is to make!:)

The Buehners said...

I love technology, I'm just too cheap right now to buy it. Though I do like the idea of texting my sitters, that would be pretty convenient