Friday, January 11, 2008

Nana's visit

Last week, James' mom came out for a visit. It was fun having her here. Since Porter is still tiny and it's cold outside, we didn't get out as much as we usually do when we have company, but we hope she had a good time anyway. She and James made flan just about every night and the very first day we stocked up on junk food at Wal-Mart. I'm not kidding when I say she bought a TON of sugary snacks! My basket was full of the stuff we needed to make our meals for the week, fruit, etc. Then I caught up with her at the check out and oh my! she had everything from Lucky Charms (I don't buy sugar cereals), Cheetos, Swedish Fish, and lots of other tasty treats that my kids get to enjoy only when she is here!

Today a friend from Flagstaff called and it was so fun to catch up with her. We talked for over an hour while she bathed kids, I fixed lunch, and we both changed poopy diapers. I miss her!

I am trying to make a new playlist for my ipod. I am looking for some good songs to run/workout to. I don't need anything slow or sappy. Give me some suggestions! I have 10 lbs to go and lots of toning to do, too. Help!!

PS: This video was taken with my mother-in-law's new camera/video camera. We thought it was funny just to hear the kids giggling.

4 comments:

A & C Hickson said...

I was laughing out loud at Porter/James dance moves. Good thing that kid is even tempered! what a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Elena and I were laughing so hard! That was so cute! I think Hunter liked it a little bit...:) We had a great time with yall on Saturday night, can't wait to do it again

Lauren said...

That is just too cute & funny! Porter is such a good baby! I love hearing the kids laugh...it's so addictive!

Lauren said...

Oh, and "Eye of the Tiger" is always a good one! :) I'll have to see what I have as pump-up songs and let you know...if they're not too embarrassing! :) I'm sure many of them are! I think one of the ones I have is "Ice Ice Baby." :)