Monday, January 21, 2008

Games

It has been cold here for the past several days, which means we've stuck inside! We've played Star Wars, house, made granola and bread, and we've played many rounds of UNO. My kids love that game and even Emily is good at it. This past weekend we had friends over and they brought a fun, quick spelling game that you play with the letter tiles from Scrabble. I loved it, James did not. Then friends invited us over for (an awesome) dinner and since the kids were happy playing upstairs, they introduced us to The Settlers of Catan. Super fun! I can't wait to play again, even though I didn't come close to winning.

PS As a parent of young kids and a former teacher, (as well as a good cousin!) I want you to check out this website: www.abcbook.us. My cousin Ginny has written a really good book filled with loads of creative ways to teach kids to recognize letters and their sounds. I have tried several activities with my kids and we've had fun!

0 comments: