A couple of weekends ago we drove down to Moab with friends of ours that we met while we were living in Delaware. Now they live in Utah, too. Mindy and Ryan came to take care of our kids which was so great of them. All the kids had so much fun with them and I think that Emily is hoping that Mindy will adopt her! Thank you again, guys!
James and Michael ran the half and I did the 5 mile race. Easy. No problem. I was supposed to do the half as well, but wimped out. I have a dozen excuses, including: I have four kids and it's so cold at 5:45 am when I run/work-out. James and Michael did great.
I have to write about the "memorable night" we spent at the Robber's Roost Motel, in Green River, UT. It's one of those old motels with a neon sign that you see when you pass through small towns. (Northern Arizona has lots of them). We shared a room with our friends and as soon as Mary sat down on the bed, it fell to the floor! Then, the bathroom was disgusting, and the place was super dusty. We just laughed the whole time. Then when we finally fell asleep the guy in the room next-door kept us awake with his snoring! The next morning all of us were saying that we had been awake at least every hour. It didn't help that we couldn't get the heater to turn off. It was 90 degrees in that room.
It was great to take a road trip with old friends, go out to eat, run, and hang out and talk. This is the first time we have been away from our kids in almost 8 years. We need to do this more often.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Moab Half Marathon
Posted by Lori Ellsworth at 4:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wait'a sec! I know them!!! Awe...I wish we could have come. Why didn't you invite us????
Looks like a great time. Good to see Delawarian friendships are still strong! :)
Post a Comment