Monday, December 29, 2008

Changes

Our lives have been crazy since July! I haven't said too much about the changes we experienced due to privacy issues. I tried to limit who knew exactly what our situation was. James accepted a job offer with a company in Salt Lake City in June. He started work in July and stayed with his grandparents while I stayed behind in Texas to sell our house. We were unsure how long it would take to sell our home, but following a priesthood blessing, we knew we were making the right choice. Well, it took four long months!! I cannot begin to express how difficult the time was for us. I hate being alone at night and I had to take things a day at a time. Taking care of my kids was so hard on my own and I was missing James so much. We all cried a lot. But, we had good days, too.
I have to tell about the miracle of our house selling. It was in October. I was sitting in sacrament meeting with all the kids, who were having a really good Sunday, (with my awesome babysitter helping me). I wasn't sad at all even though I was starting to feel desperate. I wanted my family to be together and there was nothing I could do. I was good at hiding this, I think. The bishop had his counselor ask me to meet with him. I accepted and the counselor offered to hold Porter for me. I sat down and he asked me how things were going. I broke down crying and told him how hard my week had been. He told me how he saw me in the congregation and felt that I might need a blessing. And, I really did. He mentioned the economy and how it would worsen. (It did). He said that our family needed a miracle and he pleaded with the Lord on my behalf for a miracle 3 times during this blessing. After the blessing, he said that we needed to fast. So, we did. I weaned Porter that week and we fasted. It had been years since I have fasted, but that day was so good for me. I came to church the following week. I was out in the foyer with Porter during Sunday School and thought I would check my voice mail. There was a message from an agent that had just shown our house for the second time and that they were going to be submitting an offer the next day! We countered, they countered back, and we accepted. The house closed in November. We were blessed with a miracle. I know the power of prayer. I am so grateful for tender mercies. Just when I thought I could do no more, my wishes were granted.

0 comments: