Saturday, July 12, 2008

Skateboarding


This is Curren and his "teacher" from skateboarding camp. Jim taught Curren a lot that week and if it weren't for Jim, I don't think I would have left Curren at the skatepark that first day. It was run by skaters, who were really nice, but who had no idea how to make nervous mom's more comfortable about security and safety issues. Jim watched out for my little boy and Curren had so much fun.


James took Curren there for a two-hour skate session this morning. They had a lot of fun. We got a new little digital camera that takes video, so James shot a few little movies, so hopefully we can figure out how to download those soon. I think James is glad that Curren likes to skateboard so they can go together and do something that they both enjoy!

3 comments:

terahreu said...

It is just so appropriate that James' son would be skating. Awesome. Narly! Curren looks like a natural!

Bethany said...

you have the coolest kids ever! i was looking at my Pottery barn kids magazine and saw a surf board that said "Tom Curren" and thought.. I think that's who Curren is named after! He is definitely a cool kid.

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

how fun! I didn't know they had a skateboarding camp around here. you'll have to let me know where it is and where all of you guys find out about these fun things for the kids to do! I'm so out of it!!