We started off the day by seeing "Kit Kitteridge: An American Girl". Curren, Emily, (and Kaitlyn--Emily's doll) filled up on popcorn and fruit punch while we watched the movie. It was a cute show and since it was about the Depression, it reminded me a little of how things are starting to seem in our economy today. It did have somewhat of a happy ending and we all liked it.
That evening we went over to a ward party hosted by a family we go to church with. They were so nice to invite everyone to their house! They have a beautiful home with a pool, and it's right on the golf course where they were doing fireworks. The kids watched the show from the pool--sooo fun!
The next night we had friends over for dinner. Greg and Trevor were here, too. I would have to say that we ate the most amazing meal ever!! Nate made his famous ribs, Christine brought her delicious as well as gorgeous flag cake, Leslie made homemade rolls, and I made a big, yummy salad and homemade baked beans. We have the best friends here and it's always so fun having a house full of people. After dinner we set up a movie for the kids upstairs and we watched "Fool's Gold" downstairs.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a great 4th! You look great! I can't believe how long your hair is!
Such a fun weekend! We DEFINITELY need to repeat that delicious meal! It was fantastic! And, uh, do you really have to move? We're really going to miss y'all! But, I'm trying to stay in denial about it for as long as I can.
Great pictures! :)
Post a Comment