Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pioneer day


The 24th of July is just as big as the 4th here in Utah. We started the day off by going downtown for the big parade. (Thanks to the Given family who camped out for an awesome spot!) It was hot, but luckily we were in the shade! Michael's family is a lot of fun to see a parade with. We loved the precision motorcycle cops, the float made completely of hand-tied quilts (only in UT!!), and Porter danced to all the bands that came by.
That evening we went over to our friends' house for a bbq. I brought my mom's beans and they were yummy. We walked over to Cottonwood Heights to the Butlerville Days celebration. There, the kids got to go down inflatable slides, do the dunking booth, and then they played with light sticks until the fireworks started.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

sounds like fantastic fun!

Chrispy Critter said...

I miss pioneer day!

terahreu said...

Awe, the only thing missing in that picture is Heavah and Xavier. I wish we were there. Pioneer Day always makes you feel proud to be a Mormon!

Bethany said...

You guys are totally living it up in Utah! good for you! I hope you love it there.