On Friday, I spent the morning in Curren's classroom helping with their Thanksgiving rotation. (Did I mention that I am the room mom for his class?) They went to each kindergarten class and made macaroni necklaces, totem poles, tortilla teepees, brown bag vests, and woven placemats. I love working at the school--it reminds me of my teaching days and it's fun to be with Curren and his friends.
Saturday was busy, as usual. James took our friends' family pictures in the morning and then we cleaned, washed the cars, mowed the lawn, fixed lunch and ran over to Curren's last soccer game after we dropped Emily off at her friend's to go to ballet! Curren was a Shark this season and he had an awesome coach. The guy was super patient and mellow and the boys learned a lot from him. He's a pilot and has a crazy schedule, so he won't be coaching next season. : ( All the boys on the team were just like Curren. They always had a blast together at practice and games. James brought his big ole lens and took a bunch of pictures of the last game. Then we met at McDonald's for a trophy party.James gave Curren a haircut, we bathed the kids, ate a little dinner and then we drove to Dallas so Emily could go to the new American Girl
Boutique at the Galleri
a. She had been saving her allowance for Coconut the dog and she was so excited to look at all the dolls. We took Casey (her Bitty Baby) and James gave her a bath while we were there. He was cracking us up being so silly while we were there! Hunter had the most fun, though. He was loving all the babies and pushed a little stroller around for a long time! He had a hard time saying goodbye to them! The Dallas Galleria is a huge mall with a skating rink so we bought an apple pie carmel apple at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and a big Double Chocolate Chip drink at Starbucks and we all shared while we watched the ice skaters.
6 comments:
Wow! Sounds like a busy, but super fun day! Such cute pictures too! We haven't gotten into American Girl dolls around here (yet, anyway). But, it sounds like fun! I know the opening of the one in Dallas has been eagerly anticipated by many!
Oops! The above comment was actually me...I didn't realize Nate was logged in. :)
I am afraid that we are going to have to venture to the American Girl Doll store in the near future! Looks like you had a great time!
Oh, by the way...we were so upset, but Howie ate Julia's tee-pee!
Before I was able to take a picture of it! So sad!
You are such a great mom! I love to see all of your cute pictures. Have you tried the strawberry drink at Starbucks or the Carmel apple cider? Yum!
Xela and Lauren, it really is girl heaven at the American Girl Boutique!! I'm sorry to hear about Julia's teepee! And Chris, I love that apple cider. I got it once when shopping at Target!
Post a Comment