Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day



We had originally planned to go camping with our friends, the Rammells, but since the forecast called for wind and cold temperatures all over Utah, we decided to postpone the trip. Since the kids were all excited about missing school on Friday, I kept them out anyway and we went shoe shopping and then to see The Tooth Fairy at the dollar theatre.
Emily wasn't feeling well, so I took her to the doctor on Saturday and it turns out to be strep! So glad we didn't go camping! James put in sprinklers in the garden and got it all ready for planting.
On Sunday Emily and I stayed home from church and watched Princess Diaries 2 and she started feeling much better. That afternoon we had dinner with Nana Jearldene at Matt and Mikel's. It was good to see everyone.
Monday morning I went to the Down East tent sale with my friend Diana and got a few really good deals, that took me 2 hours to get!! (Long lines to check out). Then we picked up our families and headed out for a hike. It was a short hike to a waterfall that was so fun. The kids were in heaven jumping from rock to rock and being outdoors. We stopped at Cup o Snow for snow cones, our favorite! Then we hopped back in the car to get plants for our vegetable garden. I think it will be fun to see what we end up harvesting this year.

2 comments:

Chrispy Critter said...

That waterfall reminds me of our trip to calf creek! What great memories!

rebecca said...

Fun to see you're adding to your blog again - I love the pictures. This would be a fun hike to do when we come. Do you think it'll still have water in July?