A couple of weeks ago we drove down to Moab with friends we made while we lived in Delaware. Now we are all back in Utah and we left the kids with Mindy and Ryan (who are wonderful!!) and took off and a fun road trip.
We had fun catching up during the 3 hour drive. We checked into the Robber's Roost motel in Green River and then had dinner in Moab. That night's sleep was "memorable". Mary sat on the corner of the bed and it flopped to the floor and we all started giggling. Then we checked out the bathroom which was disgusting! The whole place was dusty, but at least we had beds to sleep in. The guy next door snored and the heater was set to 90 degrees, and we all agreed that we were up at least every hour.
The race was great. The course was amazing. I love how gorgeous that part of Utah is.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Canyonlands Half Marathon
Posted by Lori Ellsworth at 11:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
"Memorable," exactly the term that I remember! It was a blast and hopefully we can do something like this again. This time I'll try and stay with James though.
And hanging out with just adults was totally the way to go.
Jonathan was actually signed up to run that race, but I wouldn't let him go since I knew we would have a two week old (: Glad you guys had a "memorable" experience. If everything had been okay, but mediocre, you'd probably forget it all soon enough. Post pics of your projects when you get a chance! We miss you guys!
I'm so happy to see updated pictures of the kids!! I still have the one you sent me right after you guys moved from DE...and its still in my wallet! I am so happy to have "reunited" with you!!!
How fun! That picture of yuo on my blog is darling!!!Thanks why i posted it!
Post a Comment