Sunday, May 11, 2008

Make-up and Movies




On Thursday Curren missed his very first day of school. He had a 102 degree fever and a raging headache. He spent much of his day laying in our bed watching movies on the laptop and eating popcorn. He slept a lot and even though it isn't fun having a sick child and I want them to feel better, I love all the snuggling!
Things are always a bit crazy when one of us is sick. I had put Porter down for a nap, Hunter was playing trains upstairs, so I sat down with Curren for a while. I got up to get him some more Gatorade and I couldn't hear Hunter anymore. I thought, "He's a little TOO quiet". I go upstairs to investigate. I start calling his name. No answer, just a little shuffling in Emily's room (she's at Museum School). Then I call again. He stands up on the other side of her bed and says, "Yips (lips), Mom, yips!!" Oh yeah, he got into Emily's "goodie bag drawer". It's where she stashes all of her favorite things, including make-up. So Hunter got into the play lipstick! Don't tell Emily....we didn't tell her, since she has so much junk in that drawer she didn't even realize that those little lipsticks are gone!




4 comments:

terahreu said...

So typical! You are trying to help one kid while the other is 'exploring'. I guess look at the bright side, he could have tried to eat the lipstick.

Melanie said...

I love how we know there is trouble a-brewing when things are "too quiet"! He seemed pretty excited to show you his hany work! too funny!

Chrispy Critter said...

Rubes was sick today with a terrible headache too. I loved the snuggling once I convinced myself she did not have a brain tumor!

Lauren said...

He has such fabulous "yips." :) So cute! I'm glad Curren is feeling better, poor guy! There is something so sweet about snuggling them and helping them feel better when they're sick (even though you wish they weren't sick, of course).

Don't worry, we won't tell Emily either. ;)