Thursday, May 1, 2008

Breast Cancer 5K



On Saturday I ran the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in downtown Ft. Worth. James' company was a sponsor and he packed everyone up to cheer me on as I crossed the finish line. It has been a long time since I have run in a race, but I did it in about 30min. Not too bad! But, it wasn't about me or how fast I ran it. There were lots of women who survived breast cancer who were running and they wore the pink shirts. Then everyone who knew a survivor or had lost someone they loved to the disease wore a sign on their back. As I ran I past by a man and his teenage son who were running in memory of their wife/mom. That just touched me. I was about to cry almost the whole time I was running! Pink is my favorite color and it was all over the place...feather boas, hats, bandannas, shoes, etc.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Way to go Lori! You are so awesome! And, you look so great! I'm proud of you!

How touching & what a great cause!

terahreu said...

You go girl!! So inspiring. Now if I can just dust off those running shoes...

Melanie said...

it made me choke up just reading it. great cause, so glad you were able to support it and do so well! rock on girl:)

LaShelle said...

Good for you Lori! I think it's great! I have as one of my 100 life goals to run a 10k, yea well, I better start running again, hu?
I'm proud of you too!

Tia said...

Lori thats great, good for you! Okay Emily is getting to be sooo beautiful!! And those pictures of Porter are dang cute!

Xela said...

I am so proud of you! What a neat thing to do, maybe next time I will get brave and do it with ya! I think it is a great cause and wonderful to show our kids!