Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend







I think I forgot to write about all the fun we had with cousins when James' parents, Russ, Rebecca, and their kids came to visit. On Thanksgiving day there had to have been at least 30 people for dinner at the Lisonbees! So much yummy food, games, and visiting. James had gotten enough pvc piping to make marshmallow guns, which were a huge hit with all the kids. The next day we put together a picnic lunch and headed for the mountains so that the California cousins could play in some snow. What a ball! We ate our lunch in our vans and then we were off to the University of Utah to show the kids a little bit of where James, Russ, and Rebecca graduated from. We picked up U hats and candy canes and let the kids run around a bit.
Then we stopped at East High to see where High School Musical was filmed. Our kids thought we were pretty cool to know that it was actually done here in Utah. Since we were in SLC for the day we had to pick up some artichoke pizza at Freewheeler's, along with some tasty garlic bread. It's just a little take-out place so we just ate in the cars again before we headed downtown to Temple Square.
We got there in time to see the movie about Joseph Smith which was really good. It was sad, but so good. Curren sat on my lap and asked some really good questions, like, "Why did Heavenly Father heal the baby but not Joseph?" The movie was well done and made me appreciate the prophet even more. Then the Breinholt's met us to walk around and see the lights at Temple Square, which never disappoints! The lights are gorgeous. Deseret Book had free hot chocolate, so we lined up along with every other Utahn who is always up for anything free. They were serving Stephen's hot chocolate and it wasn't watered down, so it was worth the wait, right James and Russ?
Before we headed home we got dinner at Bajio's. We had the whole place to ourselves! It was a super fun day with family!










3 comments:

Heidi said...

I know we didn't see each other that much, but I miss you! Although, I'm so thrilled that you're close to family and those GORGEOUS mountains! We sure love you guys!

rebecca said...

for sure the hot chocolate was worth the wait! we had so much fun just too short of a trip - thus all the eating in the car:)

Lauren said...

Lori! I sure miss you! It sounds like y'all are having so much fun! I'm so glad! What a fun day!

Our kids miss your kids too!

It's fun to read about what y'all have been up to! I'm so thankful for blogs!